ext, Avocado Toast at Beechwood Inn: My love for Avocado Toast runs deep. Really deep.
Avocado Toast at Beechwood Inn:
My love for Avocado Toast runs deep. Really deep. So deep that I created the perfect Avocado toast recipe!
When it comes to Avocados I would consider myself an expert. I grew up in New Mexico eating Avocados 24/7. As a child I loved my Mother’s Avocado Toast using her home-made bread. So let’s dive into the basics of how to make the best avocado toast.
How to Make the Best Avocado Toast
- First, pick a perfect avocado. There is an art to picking out the perfect avocado. I tend to buy my avocados hard so they can ripen on my own kitchen counter without anyone else feeling and squeezing them. Do not buy soft avocados, they are already turning brown inside. When they are ready, they should just have the slightest give to them.
- The bread matters. I prefer to use Gayle’s home-made sour dough bread. It has lots of texture and flavor, but most any thick and grainy bread will work. The more flavor and substance it will better hold all that beautiful avocado.
- Chunky avocado vs smooth avocado? it’s really a personal decision. I tend to mash it with the back of a fork into small chunks. If it’s too chunky, I find that the avocado falls off the bread. You want it to cling to the bread – but you are not making guacamole.
- Always finish your avocado toast with a sprinkling of chunky sea salt. It bumps up the flavor in the best possible way and adds a bit of texture.
OK now that we have the basics covered, here are my 5 favorite ways to take your avocado toast game to the next level.
For a Classic Avocado Toast
- 1slice thick cut Gayle’s Home-Made Sour Dough Bread cut in half (or some other flavorful bread with sturdy texture – no white bread please)
- 1large ripe avocado
- 1-2teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Dash of hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Two poached eggs
- Smoked Paprika
- Fresh Cilantro Diced
Avocado Toast at Beechwood Inn
Peal the avocado and remove the seed. Slice the avocado lengthwise into about 10 pieces. Prepare your bath for the poached eggs and get the water hot. At Beechwood Inn we use an egg poaching pan as it makes much better-looking poached eggs. Each egg sits in its own well. Slice the toasted bread and place on a plate. Lightly mash the avocado and place it on each piece of bread. Dust with slat and add a dash of the hot sauce. As the eggs finish cooking place them on the avocado. Dust with smoked paprika and add chiffonade of cilantro. Serve with a garnish of fresh tomato slice and cooked red peppers. You can add sausage, grits or potatoes to the assemblage on the plate. Enjoy!
Other ideas to liven up your Avocado Toast at Breakfast:
Avocado Toast with Smoked Salmon and Red Onions; Avocado Toast with Scrambled Eggs and Benton’s Smoke House Bacon Crumbles (https://shop.bentonscountryham.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=hscb); With Soft Goat Cheese and Diced Green Onions; With Pico de Gallo; Avocado Toast with Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Cilantro Pesto (Make it just like basil pesto, just substitute Cilantro).
By Chef David Darugh https://www.bestchefsamerica.com/david-darugh
And Gayle Darugh https://www.bestchefsamerica.com/gayle-darugh
Come stay at Beechwood Inn and enjoy a great breakfast of Avocado Toast using this wonderful recipe: https://beechwoodinn.ws/category/recipes/